As you all may know, beards are a popular facial accessory especially after the endless amount of lockdowns we’ve been through. Many have started to embrace their quarantine manes which means there’s likely no shortage of guys suffering from itchy, dry unmanageable beards.
There’s millions of products out there that claim to reduce these problems, but are they actually worth investing in? Read on to find out which beard softening products will be best suited for your mane.
Beard oil for softening is the celebrity product of the beard grooming industry, a go-to and a favourite beard product for many. Beard oil is filled with particular ingredients that all work together to really make a difference in how your beard feels, but what do they do?
- Jojoba Oil: Moisturises and softens the skin as well as balancing oil production in the skin. It also reduces beard dandruff and itchiness.
- Argon Oil: Adds shine and softness to your beard, while moisturising the skin beneath. It works to prevent dry and flaky skin.
- Sweet Almond Oil: Promotes beard growth, eliminating dandruff and reducing inflammation.
- Grapeseed Oil: Packed with vitamins and minerals, enabling it to lock in moisture.
Beard butter will essentially act like a beard softening cream and is also an alternative to using beard oil, meaning that it shares very similar properties.
The consistency of beard butter is different to beard oil, butter is a thick, creamy consistency which leaves a matte finish, instead of a shiny one.
If you prefer a matte finish, you’ll love butter.
Beard softening shampoo AKA beard wash is another product that will help achieve that soft feel. But to really see and feel a difference, don’t forget to pair it with a beard conditioner. Beard wash on it’s own is good, but beard wash paired with conditioner will really take that texture onto the next level. No really, you can’t miss it out.
Beard conditioner is it's sidekick. As you all may know by now, wash will help get rid of any dirt but conditioner will enhance your beard and give it a smooth texture, making styling it much more manageable.
BONUS - It will help reduce any irritation such as itchiness and dry skin.
Using a beard brush or comb will play a huge part in your beard softening technique. These will help evenly distribute products throughout your beard, helping to really lock in all the moisture you need.
It will straighten your beard in whatever direction you desire.
Embracing all of this makes a product like beard softening essential in saving your skin and hair. These beard softening products and techniques will be your saviour and your best friend, trust me you won’t turn back.
Why not check out some of our other articles on keeping that beard well maintained.
- The Mo Bro’s 5 Step Process to Better Beard Care
- How to Deal with an Itchy Beard!
- What Should I Use - A Beard Brush or A Beard Comb
- 5 Beard Grooming Mistakes
- What is the Difference Between Beard Oil and Beard Balm?
Become part of the Mo Fam & join our Mo Bros Community!